Monday, September 21, 2015

FARE THEE WELL MY TRUSTED FRIEND

I never thought this day would come ... 
the day that you and I would be apart.

Almost 12 years we were together. Since photography class in college, when we still worked on SLR non-digital cameras, you remember, the kind that we loaded with film and processed in dark rooms. 

You were a Christmas present from my father in Michigan, way way way, back in the day.

Adra Janean and father Errol
I tried my hardest to find pictures with you in it dear tripod, but 
alas, that is not an easy task. You were most happy behind the camera, not in front of it. 

(Technically, you were under the camera, to be specific, and you did a most epic job).

We've worked together in Michigan, Montana, Idaho, Tahoe, SoCal, NorCal, Nevada ...

We traveled the nation together on planes, trains and automobiles. You even hitched a flight to Africa and back, to be of service. 

We got Media passes, just you and me - people gave us strange looks and asked how we did that with just my iPhone attached, but together we produced content for over 100 episodes of our online talk show ...

watch video HERE

We shot photos of our friends, went backstage at techno shows and festivals in multiple states ... 

... we made  HILARIOUS comedy sketches ...




You've been backpacked, strapped to bike racks ...

... filmed "Phish Fans" as well as celebrities ... 

watch video HERE

If I left you behind somewhere, I am sorry. If someone took you home while I was not looking, I hope they have many years creating with you. 

My worse fear is that you are rotting in a dump somewhere.

I don't know where you went to dear tripod, but I hope that you are happy my portable Slik U 8000


... I relied upon you to be my partner when I was ready to create ...



RIP.

I feel so lost without you. 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdraJanean Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdraJanean


"Hi, I'm Adra Janean, Thanks For Stopping By!" 


A photo posted by Adra Janean (@adrajanean) on


Interested in having Adra Janean in your next project? 


2 comments: